Learn more about how others are implementing this curriculum as courses, clubs and camps at this link.
Contact us to request alignment tables to the Core Content, Science & Engineering and ELA national standards.
The Student Racing Challenge curriculum includes print guides as well as downloadable videos, presentations, tutorials, forum discussions and other resources at Ten80's online learning website (hosted by moodlerooms). Below is a tutorial to help teams login the first time.
Teacher Guide & STEM League Handbooks
School-Wide Industry (Team Charter)
- Business Planning
- Project Management
- Public Relations & Graphic Design
These Certification guides are being implemented as core of a full year-long engineering course for science and math credits, supplemented with Engineering Projects once students and teachers are ready to specialize.
- Driving & Discipline through Data
- Problem Solving Fundamentals
- Speed & Acceleration
- Weight, Work & Power
- Optimal Power - Mathematically Modeling a Goldilocks Scenario
- Mechanical Systems through Math, Forces & Motion
- Scale & Mechanical Memory
- Drive Train & Gears
- Wheels & Tires
- Suspension, Shocks & Springs
- Chassis Geometry, Camber & Toe
- Electrical Systems
- Real Reverse Engineering - Upgrade your car to aluminum parts; this requires taking it apart and rebuilding it.
Chassis Setup Investigations: Setup your car so that it is both fast and stable. There are over 14 million choices for setup so the only way to choose a good one is through sound investigation.
- Intro to Race Engineering
- Pit Crew Practice (Teamwork)
- Hitting Your Marks (Consistency via data)
- Gear Ratios & Track Mapping
- Traction (Friction Coefficients)
- Energy, Strategy & Scores
- Chassis Geometry (Caster, Toe)
- Suspension & Weight Balance (Springs & shocks)
Aerodynamic Design Projects
Creative Engineering & Design, Fabrication & Testing
P.I.T. Now! Emerging Technology Projects: Charge the battery from your electric car using renewable energy sources.
- Hydrogen Fuel Cells (in partnership with Horizon Fuel Cell)
- Programming with the Arduino
- Assembling & Automating
- Autonomous Auto Challenge
Monthly Challenges: Student Racing Challenge teams earn points for this category. Others enrolled only in the monthly challenge earn points in a separate mini-series.